Thursday, November 24, 2011

The evening before Black Friday

Quite an amazing day. We had a great meal with my wife's family. Something I'm a little disappointed in is these business being open on Thanksgiving Day. Outside of a grocery store(and that's questionable) and maybe a gas station. I remember when businesses were not open on the holiday. I remember when my uncle didn't have enough gas to make it back to the next big town where a station was open. My grandfather called a friend who owned one of the gas stations, and he gladly came down on opened for my uncle. That is what the holiday's is all about, people helping people. I hope we think more about what these holidays are about and less about how much money we can save or spend. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment